Thursday, April 5, 2018

Kandinsky Concentric Circles

I presented a third grade oil pastel art lesson to my class.  I integrated this art lesson with music as well as language arts.  The students were introduced to the artist Wassily Kandinsky and looked at some of his abstract art.  I used the children's book "The Noisy Paint Box" by Barb Rosenstock to give the students a look into Kandinsky's life growing up and how he used music and emotion to create his famous artwork.  In my lesson the students created their own concentric circles using warm and cool oil pastel colors, recreating Kandinsky's abstract art.  I brought in music as well during work time because Kandinsky thought he could hear music through his abstract paintings.  Below is a picture of the bulletin board I used to display the artwork the students created. 



No comments:

Post a Comment